Tuesday, May 31, 2011
A Little Note
I took this picture a few weekends ago when I went to the Bloedel Conservatory in Queen Elizabeth Park with my wife and son. Although I'm embarrassed to say that I know nothing at all about plants, I do find that as I get older, I enjoy gardens much more than I used to.
For some weeks now I have been thinking about how privileged I am to be the instructor of our class. You are all wonderful human beings! I appreciate the respect you give me and each other, and I am happy to see you respectfully and affectionately commenting on each other's blogs. Like the flowers in the picture above, you are all lovely individuals, and together, you make up a very special class. Keep growing! Be confident; I believe in each of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The colors are so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI used to think that why the flowers look so beautiful while walking. According to the basic knowledge of physics, we all know that if the grass looks green, it means that it absorbs all the other colors, and it just reflect the color 'it doesn't like'.and still it looks so beautiful and natural. And I also think it's the same with me, at least I hope so.
something that I really don't like about myself..and I can feel I am suffering every day.
However,if I don't try to 'cover' it any more, I can just be the real myself, and I don't care about what other people think about me any more.
I hope I can also reflect the 'color' I don't like, and also be accepted.
I like Vancouver, and I hope I can get better here in limited time.
Xiaoyue, you shouldn't have to suffer everyday; you deserve to live in happiness! I hope that you have people you can talk with about what is bothering you. If there is any way that I can help you, I will. I am also sure that you have good friends who love you; if that isn't enough, then you can ask for an appointment with a UBC counselor. Remember, sharing with others what is bothering you is a sign of strength, not weakness. When I saw my counselor all those years ago when I was a student, she encouraged me to be more honest with my friends. When I did that, I opened myself up to their friendship, and slowly I became able to feel better about myself and to get the full benefit of the friendships I had. I met my two best friends at this time, and they are still very dear to me today.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I am sure that whatever is bothering you has affected many other people. You are not alone; remember that, and remember to be gentle with yourself.
Good luck!
Wow, those 2 comments are really long!
ReplyDelete