Tuesday, May 24, 2011

This Week's Agenda

Tomorrow (Wednesday), we'll finish up our error-correction exercise and do a worksheet on semicolons.  After that, we'll read the story "A Very Short Story" by Ernest Hemingway.  The next day will see more time for student discussions and informal presentations on our next Hemingway story, "Hills Like White Elephants." We will examine this story with reference to its setting.  Both stories are about relationships between men and women, and how fraught with difficulty they can be.  Thursday will be a more nuts-and-bolts kind of day to round out the week.

By the way, I would like to gently remind you all to consider using a browser that has a spell-checking function.  I wanted to put a smiley-face emoticon here, but as your instructor, I suppose I should set a good example and communicate that smile some other way!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Nathan! I can't wait! Actually, I'm reading one of his books now. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, Hee-Jung! As for you reading Hemingway, I'm delighted to learn this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Nathan, give us your smile :)!!
    No one would think you are a bad instructor because
    you used a cute emoticon =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia, you are too funny! Ok, but don't tell anyone! ;-)

    ReplyDelete