Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Links to "Being There" Reviews

Hi everyone,

Here are some links to more "Being There" reviews:

1. http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/being-there/Film?oid=1072753

The above review is quite short.

Here are a few longer ones:

2. http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/review?res=9506E1DF1538E732A25753C2A9649D946890D6CF

3. http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19800101/REVIEWS/1010301

The last one is the other review written by Roger Ebert.

Incidentally, if you want to hear the voices of ordinary people as they review the movie, you can look at the reviews of the movie on Amazon.com or Amazon.ca.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing this movie to us. I really enjoyed the movie. I searched for the movie on "Naver", and I found out that the Korean title is '찬스'(Chance).I like the original title "Being there", though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I looked up in "Naver" too and found out that Korean translation is "Chance"! I think Korean people might had trouble making subtitle since the movie's whole laughing point is about the different nuance of the same sentence, and it only makes sense when it's in English... isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee-Jung and Kia, I found one of the most interesting parts of watching "Being There" the reading of reviews and reactions afterward. It was fun--and interesting! And now, I have just written my own. ;-) I think my review speaks to the movie's issues of "being there" and "chance" that you both mentioned.

    ReplyDelete