Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday, August 9th

The end is very near, now.  I always find that the energy level of students and teachers, too, often drops within a few weeks of the final exams.  Studying can be tiring, and even the Bible says that "much study is wearisome to the flesh."  Perhaps it's not so much the studying that can be tiring, as the routine of study, prepare, test, assignment, study, prepare, test, assignment.

The good news is that you all are quite used to this routine, and you as the members of the 600 level are the people who have prevailed.  I have complete confidence in each of you, and I have greatly enjoyed your writing and your presence in our class.  It's not good-bye quite yet, but I will miss you when the end does come.  Stay in touch!

3 comments:

  1. Oh..That's sad but this is life! We have to move on to the next step. I'm going back to Thailand soon and I started to feel a bit sad these days TT. By the way, I'll keep this precious memory for the rest of my life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Nathan, you ve been a wonderful teacher for me. I learned a lot from you and I believe I have somewhat progressed my writing skills... (please agree, will you :D? haha )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Chanida & Kia! I will miss you, too! Yes, Kia, you did progress in your writing, as did all the students in the course.

    ReplyDelete